A few notes obsverations from the Pacers' 97-92 win over the Bulls, which gives them a 4-game cushion for the Central division lead.
- This was a scary game where the Pacers got off to a big lead but never got into the rhythm they needed to pull away. I felt like the Bulls were going to get them in the end until David West iced it. The Pacers were lucky to get away wit this one considering the Bulls were missing some of their key players.'
- I am probably jinxing him right now, but Roy Hibbert appears to be finally turning the corner in terms of his offensive game. He was solid with 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3 blocks on 7-14 shooting.
- David West is still the man. And the beast. 31 points and 7 rebounds on 11-18 shooting and 9-9 from the line. Nobody on this team is nearly as reliable. He delivered time and time again in the clutch as well. Hibbert take note -- THIS is what a max player should look like.
- Danny Granger played just 10 minutes in the first half and sat out the second wirh above average knee soreness. The Pacers say they are not concerned. I am. He's sat out more than half the season and can still only play 10 minutes? I wonder if he'll ever be the same again.
- Gerald Green looks like he is out of the rotation for good. What a waste.
- Paul George had 10, 10 and 6, but struggled with his shot again. I think he is getting a little fatigued. He didn't get a break during All-Star Weekend like everyone else.
- Pacers next play the Celtics at home. Lucky no Rondo but the Celts are always dangerous. A good litmus test.
- Interesting stretch coming up after that with games against the Magic and the Heat on the road and the Wolves and Lakers at home, the Philly and th Cavs on the road after that. The Pacers are at a stage where a 0.500 record in this stretch might not be good enough anymore.